Mandatory 14 days isolation for all pax upon arrival
Biman to resume schedule flights to Singapore from Oct 1
A Monitor Report 27 Sep, 2020 | 420 Views|-+
Dhaka: Biman Bangladesh Airlines is to resume operations to Singapore with once a week fight from Thursday, October 01.
In order to enter Singapore, travelers are required to follow certain restrictions, imposed by Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS).
Short term visa holders/visitors will not be allowed to enter Singapore, except having the medical ground and having Waiver Certificate from Ministry of Health.
It may be mentioned that Singapore Ministry of Health has issued waiver of restriction on short- term visitors from entry into Singapore based on medical grounds. The restriction was imposed on March 23, 2020. The waiver certificate by MOH grants patient and visitor (if any) waiver of the restriction on short-term visitors based on medical grounds. No other approval is required and ICA’s prevailing entry requirements and screening at the checkpoints will continue to apply. This waiver is valid for 14 days from date of approval and is for one time use only.
On the other hand, work pass holders/long term visit pass holders will require permission from 'Ministry of Manpower (MOM)' for purchasing tickets while student pass holders will require permission from 'Ministry of Education (MoE)' for the same.
But, Singapore citizen/PR holders will not require permission to enter Singapore. Transit passengers are allowed with immediate onward connection and not leaving Changi airport.
They must have onward confirmed ticket and baggage and should be checked-in up to final destination. They must also follow the health instructions of destination country.
Some Important Information for passenger:
1. Required COVID-19 PCR test from any Bangladesh Govt. approved laboratory with 72 hours validity from sample delivery before Travelling to Singapore.
2. Health Declaration is required. No cough, No fever, No Covid symptom, like runny nose, short breath, etc (Same will be provided by Airport Authority of HSIA).
3. All types of passengers shall go for isolation for 14 days on arrival at Singapore.
4. Hotel accommodation cost (Approx. SGD 2200.00) shall be borne by passenger. COVID-19 test will be done at Singapore again.
5. Nobody will be allowed to receive them at Changi Airport.